About Busby School
"Achieving Excellence - Child by Child - Day by Day - Together"
At Busby School We Will:
- Create a positive environment. Through teamwork, we will promote a safe, loving atmosphere that secures wellness for everyone.
- Motivate learning. We will use innovative ways to promote growth, learning and achievement among students and staff.
- Cultivate parents and community involvement. We will encourage two-way communication & cooperation with parents, staff and students.
- Include all learners. We will create inclusion with the collaboration of parents, students and staff.
- Encourage organized, independent learners. We will enable students to be risk-takers, to do their best to become successful.
Welcome to the 2008-2009 school year at Busby Elementary School, the home of the Bobcats. It is hard to believe how quickly the summer has flown by. I hope you had the opportunity to relax and enjoy some memorable times with family and friends. The beginning of the school year marks an important milestone in children's lives, as they look forward to making new friends and reconnecting with old ones, mastering new challenges and exploring interesting units of study.
At Busby School there has been a long, outstanding commitment to excellence in academics, athletics and character education. Busby School has Math as an academic priority this year. Math will be taught to each grade in isolation-no combined grades. We will also be trained in a new program called "First Steps in Math", and all grades will be following the new Alberta Mathematics curriculum. Busby School has a focus on character education. It is essential that each and every one of us follow the virtues to guide us in our daily decisions. If we do so, we can be assured that our school will be a community where we all feel safe, valued and appreciated. There is also a strong athletic focus in our school. The children are all involved in daily physical education, and becoming a Busby Bobcat is a special event.
I am honoured to be able to work with the students, parents and staff of such an outstanding school community, and look forward to a fantastic year of fun and learning together. My door is always open if you have any questions or concerns, and I hope to see you all at our School Council meetings which are an excellent method of being actively involved in your child's education.
Miss Nadine Marchand, Principal